Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Improvement for Children
A mini-MRI device (simulating the original device) is displayed in the ward or clinic. the pediatric patient can interact with the MRI model to help them learn which prepares the child mentally and make their experience more tolerable.
Pediatric outpatients, at MRI Department, whose ages range from 4 to 13 years.
- King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre in Riyadh
- King Fahad National Centre for Children's Cancer and Research (KFNCCC&R) in Riyadh
- Reduce children and their families fear of MRI.
- Reduce the risk of general anesthesia or its side effects on children.
- Reduce the time taken by pediatric patients in the radiology room and thus raise the number of beneficiaries.
Facts and Figures:
- 70 patients per month can proceed without anesthesia.
- 480 patients per year can proceed without anesthesia.
- The number of outpatients of the Radiology Department in King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre in Riyadh and the King Fahad National Centre for Children's Cancer and Research (KFNCCC&R) is about 1,000 outpatients on a daily basis.