Provide devices and sensors to measure the blood sugar level without pricking to improve children’s ability to continue their checking and avoid disease complications.
Pediatric outpatients with diabetes in King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre in Riyadh and Jeddah.
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre – (Riyadh – Jeddah)
SAR 1,000,000 annually.
- Regularly measure the blood sugar level.
- Save and document blood sugar levels for children for a month prior to the periodic visit to the physician.
- High cost of the device with all its supplies may cost the family about 6,500 SAR annually, therefore many families cannot afford it.
Facts and Figures:
- Beneficiaries amounted to (367) children with (9542) insulin sensors per year.
- A child needs 26 sensors per year.
- The price of one sensor is SAR 250..